Their popularity was built through the social media and this, ten years on from the first episode of Keeping up With The Kardashians, has left a mark on 2007-2017 fashion.
The five sisters, Kourtney, Khloé, Kylie, Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner, with their outfits have provided the basic rules to get the perfect Kardashian style (check out the gallery for a selection of their signature looks).
The web knows all about them, because they owe their success to the reality show but also to their presence on the social media.
Plot twists, scoops, gossip; it’s their bread and butter.
Their appearance has definitely shaken up the fashion system, generating rumors and dividing the public opinion.
They simply applied Oscar Wilde’s famous words: “There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about!”.
Shortly, just doing their thing, they started gaining consent, and became a reference point for the new generations. Also regarding beauty looks: once were Hollywood divas, then Versace supermodels and now… the Kardashian’s.
And while Kendall Jenner has become one of the it-girls du jour, championing a 90s style also thanks to her stylist Marni Senofonte, Kim Kardashian is as good as her sister and has debunked the ‘naked look’ also for the day; nude is sexy (not “out”!).
Let’s have a look at the 9 lessons in style the Kardashian’s have given us in this last decade:
· just wear a corset to make a t-shirt or sweatshirt look hot
· nude is the new black…
· opt for a mini bikini to enhance your curves (never hide them!)
· embrace athleisure from morning to night
· no shoes please! The Kardashian’s love clear shoes
· black is hot… Even more with exposed lingerie
· don’t know what to wear in the evening?… Pick a sequined mini-dress
· there is no reason not to choose a sexy naked look also for the day
· pick a comfy fanny pack over a bulky bag